R & R for Sunday, April 1st, 2012

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, April 1, 2012




The real problem of leisure time is how to keep others from using yours.  

Arthur Lacey


R and R Tip #95:  RELAX and take a time out

If a time out works for children, it can work for all of us. It's not about punishing yourself, it's about pulling away from all the daily distractions, the frustrations, and the tantrum inducing surroundings you deal with every day. A true time-out requires the whole world leave you alone for a set period of time. Sound like heaven? To a kid, not so much. To an adult, absolutely! 



There are just times when I can’t hang it all together.  I don’t want to be reasonable. I don’t feel like being sweet. I want the outcome to be exactly as I say, and I want it now. I don’t want to explain myself or even be fair.  Those are the times, I'm learning when it might be good for me to take a time out myself.  I think we all are better for taking time out to rest and relax.  A good break helps you get back the ability to think straight.

Too many times I've said, I just don't have time for that, or found myself barely having time to talk to family or friends.   Those are thet times I know that I need to take deliberate steps to slow down and do less. 



Time outs are a healthy recognition that you’re running on fumes and need a strategic break.  Time outs are a way of reclaiming control and being responsible. Try taking some time out just for yourself, or some time out just for your family or friends.  Time out to do what you love.  Time out to rest and relax.

If you get upset, discouraged, or frustrated , I think that instead of staying that way that you should caringly, lovingly, and compassionately give yourself a time-out

 You can listen to music you enjoy, read a book, take in the beauty of flowers or a sunset, or just relax.  We all need daily time-outs. Not just the once a year vacations, or a weekend out with the family from time to time. We need this break daily



Recharge and relax for some time by doing what you really like or even better, do nothing at all. Give yourself a moment of time out in your day. Time outs do exist in life; there is no need to wait. As you feel overwhelmed with life, step back, breathe and enjoy the gift of life you've been given.

Love, Live, Laugh and Be Happy!

ma

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment