True Gift - A Chill Holiday Season

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, November 30, 2011


The tide of holiday stress is coming, and you can see it all around with the overblown consumerism and expectations. I have ridden that wave off and on throughout my adult life, but not this year.

The biggest gift I am giving, is, To Myself and it's a Break. I have decided to get off the "Stress Mess Train", and just be in the moment and present. I am focused on creating memories, especially with our teens on the cusp of young adulthood, and leaving the nest soon. There will be plenty of "Merry and Bright" as we all enjoy decorating, entertaining, and good food. But I will work to enjoy the process and journey, as much as the end result.

We choose our emotions, and I have learned this the hard way. I choose to be "light", a state of appreciation or grace. We have so much to be thankful, and this is really the meaning of the holidays.

It is a privilege to "pay it forward" this season. This includes - telling the cashier at my neighborhood drugstore how much I appreciate her, donating old blankets and towels to the animal shelter, or purchasing toys and clothes for a girl in foster care. This things cost little, but make us feel so rich.

Thank you for sharing with with me, your time and thoughtfulness. I hope that you will give yourself the gift of kindness this season, and witness how wonderfully contagious it is.

My best to you always and all ways, Martha

Photo of Point Lobos State Preserve, Carmel By The Sea, California

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment