Tuesdays With Kris: Chicken and a Surprise!

Posted by Unknown on Monday, October 25, 2010

I'll give you the surprise first, I'm eating Chicken. BUCAHH!!!

I've been feeling awful on my vegetarian menu lately. Bloated, always hungry, puffy and blegh! Oh, and about 15 pounds heavier. I know becoming a vegetarian was not supposed to be instant weight loss. That's not why I gave up the meat. But now, thy thighs are a bit too ample! So sorry chickies, you are on the menu again! No offense to my vegetarian friends, my body is in reverse mode right now. And I'm happy to say this water weight is coming off and I feel less bloated. So far so good!

Anyhoo, what better way to segue into this post with a chicken recipe that I've actually eaten! This is my new FAVORITE way to cook chicken. You just have to try it. The results are amazing. Crisp, tender, and worth the wait to marinade!
Curry Chicken n' Bean Salad
(serves 4, or 3 depending on how hungry!)
What you'll need:
For chicken:
(toss all into a ziplock and leave on counter for at least 1/2 hr or in fridge for up to a night)
1 pound chicken thighs (or breasts) cut into cubes
1 cup greek yogurt (a must have)
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 lime, zested and juiced

For salad: 
(toss all ingredients into a bowl)
1/2 can kidney beans, rinced
1/2 cup corn niblets
1/2 avocado scooped out in chunks
1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 scallions chopped finely
1 lime juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Cookin the Chicken:
After the chicken has marinated in the yogurt, heat a little oil in a large skillet. When it's hot, add the chicken and cook until it's brown on all sides. A beautiful golden yellow. This took up to 15 minutes for me. Just make sure they are super browned and gold and they are done. So juicy! Serve with the salad on side.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment