Motivation Monday - Serenity

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

I don't have much in the way of motivation to offer today other than saying no matter how much we try, or how motivated we are, in some situations we have to just accept that we can't do it all.

My mother has had a really bad weekend. I have had to take another day off today to get her to her doctor and figure out some solutions. The bottom line is that no matter what I do, it isn't enough anymore. She absolutely cannot live alone anymore, she needs round the clock care. She is fighting me but she can't function enough to care for herself. I am going to have to make some tough decisions to force her into a different situation.

Sometimes we just have to recite the Serenity Prayer and then do what we believe is the best thing to do no matter how hard it may be. Wish me luck today and please send good thoughts and prayers our way!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment