Motivation Monday - Final Pre-Training Week

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, February 19, 2012

So here we are at the final pre-training week. I know I'm ready to kick things up a notch, how about you? How are you coming along with the 10 pre-training steps?

What I've been doing so far has definitely been working for me. I simply started being more mindful about what I'm eating, concentrating on getting in the healthy stuff and being more motivated about increasing my activity levels. I don't even feel like I've been doing all that much, but just adding in a brisk walk, a bike ride, or even just walking the dog a little further than usual each day can make a big difference.

My first weigh-in on Friday... 4 pounds lost!

I've been logging every bite I eat, my exercise, and water consumption religiously at Myfitnesspal. com. It takes me about 5 minutes at the end of the day. They also have convenient free phone apps making it easier to add as you go during the day. I downloaded the app, but generally just don't have time to add during my workdays, but do add as I go on weekends and in the evenings.

My Fitness Pal has really been eye opening for me. If you haven't done it yet in the pre-training steps I hope you will all go over and open your free account now. If you do, I'd love it if you'd add me as a friend. If you prefer to keep it private I think it will still be very beneficial just to see what your daily totals are, and maybe soak up some motivation from others there. Even if you aren't ready to make any changes yet, just try it this week and let me know what you think.

This is also the week to clip on your pedometer and log your daily steps. Again, this doesn't mean you have to have a specific goal - YET, just wear it all day and log how many steps you get in. It would be great if you would share here daily in the comment section of this post.

Anyone in?

Here's to a Motivated Monday. Together we can do it! :)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment