Frugal Fridays With Jen- Perennials

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, June 23, 2011


I am NOT an avid gardener, but I do like a tidy yard- and I LOVE flowers.

We do our own landscaping, despite daydreaming about being able to hire someone else to do that chore in the far distant future. Until then, I prefer to garden the frugal and lazy way- with perennials. My philosophy is that if I planted them once, I better never have to plant them again.

Every state should have its own agricultural extension office that should list the best perennials for your region. My best friend is a master gardener, and recommended a few local gardening catalogs. Most catalogs will even plan out both shade and sun perennial gardens- all you do is order, plant according to their layout, and feed and water as instructed.

Our yard is full of tulips and iris in spring, lilies and hollyhocks in summer, and reblooming iris in the fall.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment