It's GITTING time!

Posted by Unknown on Friday, October 14, 2011

Martha M has been posting about minimalism.  We've even had spirited comments back and forth on the "real" definition on minimalism.  For me, minimalism is the least amount of "stuff" around that will do the most for you.  

During the past year and half that we've been "here" (and we are still grateful that it worked out that way) we have volunteered for a local christian ministry at their thrift store.  During those shifts I can NOT tell you how much "stuff" passed through my hands, well I can but you probably wouldn't believe me.  Sometimes you would think you'd found a treasure, you know something you've been looking for forever and can't live without!  Guess what, that same treasure will come through again next week.

That said, I have found some great "stuff" at bargain prices and will be taking home more than I brought with me.  I even got a new wardrobe out of it since my sizes changed post surgery (yay for the smaller) and so I donated my old clothes which brings me to my point.  I have our house pretty much pared down to the least amount of things that do the most for us so my rule of thumb (and this is my point) is that I don't bring anything new into the house without removing what it is replacing.  With that let's start gitting.
The idea of a GIT Challenge is to play catch up with whatever we need to get done. Just leave a comment saying you'll play along, minimize this post so you can easily come back to it throughout the day, stop what you are doing (meaning get off the computer and stop procrastinating!), take an hour right now to catch up on things you need to do and work as fast as you can!

Come back every hour or two and leave a comment with your progress. Check out what other participants have accomplished - all in the comment section, no blog hopping necessary. After updating, get back to work for another hour or so until you're done for the day. We always accomplish so much during these challenges!

Jump in anytime, there's no special time to start or finish. It's fun working together - join us!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment