Motivation Monday - Minimalist Series

Posted by Unknown on Monday, October 3, 2011

Nokomis Beach, Florida
Have you ever given serious thought to why vacations are so enjoyable and so relaxing?

I think I know the answer. I don’t think it’s so much about where we travel as the fact that we are away from our stuff.

Why do most of us have so much stuff? The average person has either a garage, attic, basement, storage shed, or a combination of these things, and most jammed full. Some even have additional paid storage units for their stuff.

I have to ask, what good is all that stuff if we aren’t using it? Why do we continue to collect and save?

Even worse, many of us have clutter all around our homes not just stored away.  What does that do to our overall well-being?

I know I find it very difficult to relax and I feel so stressed out when there is a lot of clutter around or when my surroundings are messy, too cluttered, or unorganized.

I truly believe if we are free of all the stuff, we can have that vacation mentality every single day!  

I can’t think of a better reason to begin the journey to minimize and simplify can you?

Wishing you a Motivated Monday!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment