Motivation Monday: The One a Day Challenge - Week 2

Posted by Unknown on Monday, October 24, 2011

Last week we started the One a Day Challenge where we pick one thing a day to declutter. It can be one bag, one box, one basket, one drawer, one shelf, one cabinet - or even just one single thing.

I made good progress this past week, even better than expected! 

I donated 8 boxes of miscellaneous craft, office, scrap-booking and and school supplies...



Realistically - I don't craft, I don't do any scrap-booking, and the kids school supplies were getting ancient. I don't think either of the boys will want Spiderman folders, little rounded tip scissors, or the massive supplies of crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. now that they are in high school.

My office supplies were ridiculous too. I'm all for not having to buy what we already have, but when we have so much that it has to be packed away and can't find it when we need it is when we know we have too much.

Why was I saving all this stuff to begin with?!!

I put some larger items down at the curb with a free sign, I didn't realize how far away I was for the photo but you can see them way, way down there to the right of the driveway.


Also while cleaning out the garage this weekend (links to before and after links are on our sidebar for Show and Tell) this is what will go to the garbage and recycling this week...



Last is a box of clothes. When I did the Closet Declutter Challenge mid August I left an empty box in my closet and vowed to put anything that didn't work for whatever reason in there immediately for donation. I have stuck to my rule, these have now been donated...


How did you do this week? 
Ready for Week 2? Together we can do it!

Wishing you a Motivated Monday!

Don't forget to join me at my new blog Minimalist in the Making to follow my journey to Minimalism.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment