Frugal Fridays With Jen- What's A Swagbuck?

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, February 3, 2011

There are quite a few things I do to pinch pennies in my goal to pay off our mortgage in 7 years. I coupon, I cook from scratch, I trade kid's clothing with friends, I use cloth diapers, I pack my lunch to work, and we avoid buying the latest "must-have" thing. Our cell phones are 4 years old, and we would love to upgrade to new iPhones- but our phones work just fine, and upgrading means also upgrading to a plan that is far more expensive than the one we've had for 4 years.

There are a few things I've had a hankering to buy other than the phones: an Amazon Kindle, a Wii with Wii Fit, and an iPad (my husband would really love that.) I just can't justify doing so though. We'll probably be the last folks on the block to have these.

That is, unless I can earn enough amazon.com gift cards through Swagbucks. Basically, when I log into this site, and use it as a search engine instead of Yahoo or Google, once in a while I am randomly awarded between 5-10 Swagbucks. If I vote in the daily poll, I get a Swagbuck. If I decide to take a survey or sign up through Netflix through the site, I get more Swagbucks. I put a widget at the bottom of my blog, and check it daily for a free Swagbuck code. Today, I ended up getting 9 more Swagbucks with that free code. I once won 1000 Swagbucks in their "Swagstakes". Every Friday, it is Mega Swagbucks day, where Swagbucks awards are higher than usual.

You can then buy gift cards, electronics, jewelry, and other items with those Swagbucks you've earned. I've been doing this for almost a month, and have accumulated enough Swagbucks to earn $15 in amazon.com gift cards. My goal, by the end of the year, is to earn enough to buy a Kindle ($189) on amazon.com.

Even if you don't have a big ticket item you are saving for, I think this is an easy way to at least earn $5-10 a month buying a novel or something else fun just for yourself.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment