Motivated by Others

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Humpday! Thank you for sharing the inspiration and support in helping me get organized and motivated. Here's a few projects among many that I've been working on, and even more importantly, finishing!!!

I purchased and assembled, (consists of the high tech procedure of screwing the 4 legs into the top), this foyer side table, to use as a small desk for our sons' backup computer. (I saved 25% of the price with a $10 off coupon and a sale discount. ;oD). This computer has been sitting in a box since the holidays and it was great to get it all set up and working again. When furniture, rug, and drapery shopping, a tape measure is your best friend, both at home and at the store. The salesperson also knows you are a serious shopper when you have a tape measure in hand.

My other big project is to continue to get ready for our yard sale in a few weeks. I usually am averse to yard sales, but our son came up with this idea to raise funds for his Show Choir fees, and we are trying to teach him the value of a dollar. Also, the idea of getting motivated to clean closets and drawers is another bonus.

I have been making great strides on both my closet and my younger son's room. I channeled my inner "Stacy and Clinton", hosts of What Not To Wear, and went through every article of clothing and if it didn't fit right, was out of date, not worn x years, then Adios! I have 3 boxes, over 9 cubic feet each, filled with clothes, toys, and books ready to be priced and tagged. I am using some of the suggestions from dear Tamy's yard sale experiences, including preparation, pricing, and promotion. I am fortunate that the yard sale is well attended, having been a tradition x 35 years in the neigborhood with dozens of families hosting sales. It is a lot of fun to see friends and neighbors come out to swap their "junque"!

Have you been motivated lately by others to get organized or change behavior?

Thank you so much, Martha @ Sense of Humor is Essential

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment