I Survived the Yard Sale

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, March 8, 2011


Yard sales are always educational, and the biggest lesson that I learned, is, that I won't be doing this again any time soon. It's a lot of work, especially for the $110 total. It was a good experience for our son though, who is realizing it is hard work to make money, especially when things are priced for 25 and 50 cents each. My son also got to see his mom chase down a woman who tried to steal a sweater. Some People!!!! Really, it just makes your blood boil.

So, in addition to preparing for thieves, having plenty of change and small bills on hand, it was also really helpful to have all the merchandise priced and labeled in advance.

My son and I set up our table and clothesline the night before which was also a time saver.

We had friends stop by and visit which makes it a fun social event. Over 70 houses in our neighborhood participate in the annual sale. My son and his girlfriend went scouting for treasures and found a nice piece of art for her room.

The best part of the sale for the boys was splitting the money. Mine was getting rid of all the clutter and regaining some space back.

Before:

After:

Can I hear an Amen that this little extravaganza is Over?!? AMEN!!!

Thank you very much.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment