Update to Goals - Mid Week Check In

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Charley playing at our local park.


Happy Wednesday and today, I would like to share a Mid-Week Check In on progress to goals, as this helps keeps me accountable and motivated. (Hopefully it does for you too.)

Health and Fitness Goals- I have been going to the gym for Zumba two to three times a week. I was sidelined last week by a bad cold/bronchitis. Today, in addition to Zumba, I am taking a two mile hike with my cousin this afternoon. In addition to our glutes getting a good workout, our spirits do too, as we always have a nice chat.

I have scheduled my biometric screening for our health insurance, just had the annual "boob tortilla press" aka mammogram, my well woman check with oil change and tire rotation, with eye exam coming up next. The jokes about this flow easily for me with my black clinical sense of humor, but after acting as a "surrogate sister" for a dear friend during her recent lumpectomy, and now pending radiation treatment, I do take screening very seriously. DENIAL is the most deadly disease of all.

One objective our family really needs to work on is, improving our diets. It's a challenge with teenagers.

Decluttering Challenge- I have pitched, donated, or recycled approximately 575 items with lots more planned. Our youngest son and I went through his clothes, and organized his closet and drawers. I have to do the same with my oldest son, who did give me 6 clothing items to pass down to his brother or donate, when he got new jeans and shirt for school.

I also cleaned out my refrigerator, and probably some new strains of bacteria too, when I tossed over 36 bottles and jars of CONDIMENTS. Next, in the kitchen zone to tackle, are the kitchen and garage pantries. We have been cooking up freezer and pantry items too, which reduces cost and clutter!

Thank you for your support, motivation, and knowledge, in helping me accomplish my goals, one step, one piece of paper, one pair of outgrown jeans, at a time.

I try to foster an attitude of appreciation, to recognize the incredible abundance, (overload perhaps?), that these tasks represent. My cup runneth over, and I am reminded of a quote by Erma Bombeck about how dirty dishes meant the family is well fed.

Please let me know how you are doing this week towards all your goals, and again, thank you very much.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment