Everything is Earth Day

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring is a wonderful time of year, full of possibility and promise. I've been clearing my head by getting my hands dirty in the garden. This always entails a trip to my favorite garden store which had this fun display of watering cans.

I got tired of looking at this bare and dry patch of dirt, and decided to plant some water thrifty succulents and cacti that should thrive in the sandy soil. I plan to add more rocks and more plants including cuttings from my jade bush.


Last weekend, I went to an Arbor Day festival at a local park, where an art garden made from reclaimed materials was on display. There were also great freebies - reusable shopping bags, water bottles, a bounce house for the kids, and a selection of free trees for folks to take home.


This kestral falcon from the Placerita Nature Center was also at the festival.

Any Earth Day happenings in your part of the globe?
Thank you so much and hope you have a Beautiful Day!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment