Frugal Fridays With Jen- Make Money Transferring Prescriptions

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am on a daily prescribed medication during this pregnancy, and I anticipate being on multiple medications once I have delivered. Some will likely have high copays.

My friend and fellow blogger Diane is the queen at getting deals on prescriptions. I doubt she ever keeps a single prescription at the same pharmacy month to month. I am fortunate enough to be surrounded with multiple Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts, Walgreens, and CVSs, and most of them regularly have deals where they will give you a gift card for transferring a prescription. Since I am an RN, I am not worried about having presciptions at 5 different pharmacies and therefore not having a pharmacist oversight as far as interactions go. I am well aware of interactions, dosage limits, and whatnot. If this does not describe you, this may not be a good frugal strategy for you.

This link, at "Cents" able Mama, updates weekly with all the available prescription gift card deals. I plan on transferring my prescription to Kmart this week, and getting a $20 gift card. I should earn $15 for doing this, and it isn't too far out of my way.

For more great prescription savings ideas, I highly recommend Diane's post here.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment