Frugal Fridays With Jen- Grilled Pineapple

Posted by Unknown on Friday, May 27, 2011


Whole Pineapple was recently on sale for $1.99 each. I don't typically like pineapple, but my son does, and I am willing to try something again.

I found a recipe for Grilled Pineapple that has been coated with a honey/lemon/pepper mixture. I know- pepper on a pineapple? Sounds revolting! I assure you, it isn't. We peeled, cored, and cut the pineapple outside so we could just spray the driveway down if the juices got all over the place, and our 3 year old loved that chore. We cut the pineapple into quarters and threw them on the grill after brushing them with the mixture. This was a filling side dish and we had enough left over for lunches for 2 days. That's 3 people, 3 servings each.

Pineapple has been on sale frequently these past few weeks, and I can get more for $0.79 each, and I plan on getting 2 or 3. This makes an easy, healthy, frugal treat!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment