R & R for Sunday, May 8th, 2011

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, May 8, 2011

R and R tip #48: Recycle your priorities / Relax and SLOW DOWN

When I worked, which I did for the better part of my life, there was always an IN BOX on my desk. There was always a TO DO list in front of me. I would sift through what was needed most and then prioritize what was to be done first. AS A MOM of seven children there were always lots of things to do...now that I'm older and retired there is still a lot to do. Yet there is time to do everything you want. I think the key to it all is taking one day at a time.

Is your INBOX full? Do you feel like there is not enough time in the day to get everything done? If so, it’s time to simplify your life. Slowing down is something you need to do, for your physical, mental and emotional health. So, take it slow and enjoy!

It is wise not to use up everything you have and totally deplete all your resources—physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

When I think back to the hectic days of raising a large family, I remember that we always took time out for a family day on Sundays. As a family we did a lot of camping on the weekends too and that was always relaxing. It took a little more effort during the week to get everything done so we could enjoy the weekend but it was worth it all.

Being a Mom is one of the most rewarding jobs in the world, but not always one of the easiest. On this Mothers Day I'm hoping that you all have a wonderful family day full of that wonderful R and R that helps to make us the best we can be. Learn to relax more and to restore and renew yourself before you start falling apart.

Demands, stresses, personal differences, and lack of time have done their best to chip away at the precious moments we spend as a family. Making time for a few small, but powerful steps can strengthen our families and make this Mother’s Day the best one yet.

Happy Mothers Day!

See you all next week!

Love, Live, Laugh and Be Happy!

ma

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment