A Moment to Reflect

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Welcome to Wednesdays at The Motivation Station and thank you for joining us on this last week of 2010.

All over the newspapers and TV, you see reports and articles about New Year's Resolutions. Not suprisingly, only a small portion of resolutions are kept. I think it's because motivation and true lasting change come from inspiration, not from some external turn of the calendar page.

When I reflect on the changes I have made this past year, and all through my life, I am reminded of the power of the mind, body, and spirit in reaching our goals.

Recently, I read an interview with Deepak Chopra where he recommends that you spend 5 to 10 minutes every day, or at least once a week, in quiet contemplation. Take this time to ask yourself simple questions to help you reflect on who you are, what you want, and what is your life's purpose and contribution.

Mr.Chopra doesn't ask you to know or find the answers to these questions, but the process of reflection and contemplation helps move you to the answers and also to meaningful behavior change. So, instead of willpower, denial, and hard work, reflective self inquiry leads to change. Truly an inspiring and practical thought.

My challenge to myself in 2011, (and I am starting right now), is to spend at least 5 minutes a day to contemplate and reflect, and mostly be silent, so I can heed the divine within, and all around us.

I invite you to join me in this quiet contemplation to gain insight, motivation, and inspiration.

Blessings of Health and Happiness in the New Year to you and yours, Martha @ A Sense of Humor is Essential

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment