R & R for Sunday, December 5th, 2010

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, December 5, 2010


R and R Tip #26: Plop Plop! Fizz Fizz! Oh What a RELIEF it is!

With balance comes contentment.

As I'm getting older I often feel the need just to PLOP my self down in a comfy chair and rest awhile. My old body and brain do just seem to FIZZle out on me if I don't. The key to overcoming burn out is to carve out some you time in your day.

No matter what age you are, there are plenty of benefits to taking some quiet time out in each and every day. Since Christmas is going to be here soon, life will only get more hectic for most of us by the minute.

I try to made my TIME OUTS include some reflection on the true meaning of the season this time of year, but quiet times can be made up of many things. Reading a book, taking a walk, or just doing nothing at all, are all ways that can and will make your day so much better.

Resolve to regain this lost energy. Focus on today and handle things as they occur. Know that what’s happened in the past is water under the bridge. Remember that what may happen in the future is, for the most part, out of your control. Live, happily, in the here and now. It’s the only way to thrive!

For fast acting relief try slowing down.
Lily Tomlin

See you all next Sunday!
Love, Live, Laugh and Be Happy!
ma

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment