Frugal Fridays With Jen- Frugal Meals For Entertaining

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, January 6, 2011

I did some major cooking this past weekend when my in-laws were in town. My goal was to use none of the entertainment money earmarked for the month on eating out, despite having guests. My legs were aching from the standing, but I was happy with the results. The Veggie Sandwiches on homemade focaccia was a big hit.

Bread machine focaccia. Very little hands-on time needed.

Homemade hummus. So cheap, with just the cost of a can of chickpeas, some garlic, a little tahini (the most expensive ingredient) and some lemon juice.

Homemade pita bread. It smelled and tasted great, though once the dough had been made in the bread machine, it needed to be rolled out. I made mine with half whole wheat, so the rise was not as great.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment