How Do You Eat An Elephant?

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How Do You Eat An Elephant?

"One bite at a time".*

When faced with my mega "To Do" list after our abundant travel, family, and entertainment filled holiday, it was only too easy for me to feel defeated and at a loss of where to even begin.

I looked around my house on January 3rd, and I felt that there were no spaces free of clutter. I just decided to start in one small space, (my bathroom), tidy that up by putting things away, and then by having that one clean area, it would motivate me to continue. And it did! I did 6 loads of laundry with the boys' help folding and sorting, we put away half of the Christmas decorations, and, Major Drum Roll Please, I cleaned out my home office, (which looked like a gift wrapping and mailing center), in preparation to returning to work the next day. I was glad to reclaim it for work.

I am reminded of the power of the mind and attitude in helping get started, and in completing any "to do" list, whether Elephant sized or not.

*I want to acknowledge my husband for teaching me this pearl of wisdom, which is also expressed in the Mark Twain quote in the TMS header.

Many thanks for your pearls of wisdom and any additional would be most appreciated!

Martha @ A Sense of Humor is Essential

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment